Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lose yourself in a wonderful story, "The Muse of Edouard Manet" by M.Clifford

One of the great things about Twitter is meeting new book lovers, booksellers, editors and authors. One such author I became acquainted with through Twitter is M. Clifford, the author of the wonderful book THE MUSE OF EDOUARD MANET. Reading the synopsis of the book I knew it would be something that would interest me as it deals with art, mystery, murder and time-travel. Yes, time-travel, how cool is that! Little did I realize when ordering the book from my favorite Indy bookseller, The Avid Reader, how much I would love this book. Once I read the Note From The Author and moved on I knew this was a book that would grab me and not let go until I turned the last page. Not only is it a great story of romance and intrigue, it provides information about an important artist who helped usher in the age of impressionism, Edouard Manet. This is a work of fiction, but it does provide us with information regarding the artist's life, his friends, his family and how he was received in the 19th century Paris art world. THE MUSE OF EDOUARD MANET also imparts interesting interpretations of the paintings of Manet, which lead me to look up the artists work and view it with different eyes. You become fond of Emily who is an art conservator at the Art Institute who discovers letters under Manet's paintings. These letters lead Emily to experience the art at it's source. Early in the book you are introduced to what you may think is a minor character, Garrett, but he becomes the agent that assists Emily in her time-travel where she meets the artist Manet and becomes his Muse. This is a story of intrigue, love, friendship, art and time-travel. What more could you possibly want. Do yourself a favor, pick up THE MUSE OF EDOUARD MANET and lose yourself in a wonderful story.
(Previously posted May 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment